In this version the house has become a haunted mansion with spooky sights and sounds. By now, I realize I am making an escape room. I wrote a back-story in this version to set it up. Next, I will hide clues in the rooms for the players to find to solve the mystery.
This started out as play and working backwards I see that I’ve ended up with a viable idea for a product. This idea could be translated into a training module. Now I would just need some training content. It would be creative fun to find ways to bind the training content with the back-story and additional haunt-themed game-features. This is the power of iteration. Often, even a mediocre idea gets better the more you play with it.